The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 共有产权房：回归居住属性 市场趋于理性
- Fixed Income Securities
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 进口家具生意难做 真伪难辨市场混乱 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 中国建材行业一周大事记（5.3-5.6） and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 陶瓷原料涨价的原因分析: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 支柱作用仍在 一季度楼市对经济贡献效用回升 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
这些新数据是由一个叫做全球碳计划(Global Carbon Project)的追踪项目提交的，发表在了期刊《自然·地球科学》(Nature Geoscience)上。数据公布之际，正是联合国(United Nations)一次峰会召开前夕。此次峰会意在激发新的政治愿望来解决气候变化问题。科学家说，这些数据表明，如果要把长期的全球变暖问题控制在可以承受的范围内，还需要做出极大的努力。
When Finnish programmer Jerry Jalava had a motorcycle accident in 2008, he faced a double tragedy. First, he lost his finger, an obvious problem for anyone who types for a living. Second, he had to deal with a medical team who thought they were comedians—learning of his profession, one surgeon joked that Jalava should go out and buy a “USB finger drive.”
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 国家环保部陶瓷国标越改越严 福建陶协提交书面意见
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 建材业发展进入换挡区 由高速增长转为平稳增长阶段
- 热点城市租金上涨调查 有机构为“囤房”加价
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- With an 8.5-percent increase in profits, industrial enterprises reversed the previous year's negative growth of 2.3 percent.
- 红星美凯龙H股通过聆讯 最快有望6月底登陆港交所
- 考夫曼和同事加雷思?哈里斯(Gareth Harris)发现，居住在那些人种快速多样化地域的英国白人更倾向于投给右翼的英国国家党(British National Party)。宾夕法尼亚大学政治学教授丹尼尔?霍普金斯(Daniel Hopkins)在美国发现了相似的民族变化导致反移民政策的规律。
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
John Hummel, chief investment officer for AIS Group, a fund manager with $400 million under management, said all the new sources of global oil are expensive to extract, and he sees U.S. shale output falling by 2015.
Obama defeated Romney in a series of key swing states despite a weak economic recovery and persistent high unemployment as U.S. voters decided between two starkly different visions for the country。